Changing email marketing platforms (or cross-channel campaign management platforms) is hard.
That’s why some companies stay in entry-level platforms long after they’ve outgrown them. These “get started quick” platforms are often hard-to-customize or simply don’t have the features a company needs to maximize their email marketing, mobile marketing, etc., once they’re out of the “newbie” stage.
The truth is, there’s a learned skill to marketing platform migration. (Hopefully you only ever have to do it once in your career.)
Having done a few dozen, Jessica (BetterAve Chief Strategist) has hit every snag, learned every quirk, made just about every mistake, and out of that, has made a comprehensive process for:
- Choosing what marketing platforms to consider
- Evaluating proposals and narrowing down to a few vendors for demos
- Moderating a marketing platform demo to get to the answers you need (even the ones you don’t think to ask, because you assumed you knew the answer already)
- Moderating internal discussion and final vendor selection
- Outlining the functional requirements needed in implementation
- Migrating from existing email platforms to new ones, in a legally compliant way that doesn’t migrate bad data tendencies to fresh, new email platforms.
Considering changing up your MarTech? Take advantage of our experience! Give us a shout.